Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Weekly Review: Living & Active Challenge 5 Week Challenge: Week 1, Day 6

It's been six whole days since I committed to the most "Me Focused" month I've probably ever had in my whole life. How am I doing, you ask? Well, let me just tell you... in excruciating detail.

My Fitness Plan:
Let me tell you, there's been several times I just did NOT want to do my workout, and knowing that I had this post coming up and would have to admit to being lazy for, well, the sake of being lazy to all of you guys was the only motivation I had to get up and get moving! So, thus far, that equals a "scaring myself silly by being crazy and posting everything on a blog success." I just hope you fully appreciate those crossed out workouts, because - at this point- I did them all for you!

Here's my workout plan, complete with completed work-outs marked out. ;-)

Monday:
  • Kelly Dean's Total Body Toning (Time: 27:04)
Tuesday:
  • Run 10 minutes, walk 1 minute.  (repeat 2 times)
  • All Abs 1 (Time: 15:56)
Wednesday:
  • rest
Thursday:
  • Kickboxing  (Video, Time: 23:17)
  • Backside Burner 1 (Time: 16:42)
Friday:
  • Run 12 minutes, walk 1 minute. (Repeat 2 times)
  • Ultimate Upper Body (Time: 17:05)
Saturday:
  • rest
Sunday:
  • Run 13 minutes, walk 1 minute. (Repeat 2 times)
  • Weighted Warriors 1 (Time: 24.26)

My Eating Plan: (Not included in the L&A, but as part of my 60 Day "No Cheats" Challenge. I thought it was important to give you a broad overview.)

Official "No Cheat" Days Left: 56

First of all, an answer to the biggest question:
     Sweet tea or no sweet tea?
                              Well... both.

I'd bought two new gallon of Milo's Famous Sweet Tea on Sunday, which was technically 3 days before the challenge started.

Which I drank.

 And I loved every little sip of it.

Or guzzle... whatever, details.

But then, I ran out of sugar and I ran out of bought tea it was during the week so I didn't have a vehicle to run to the store until the evenings. So I purposed to drink water, water, and more water (+ coffee... for sanity purposes and such).  I mean, it's only for a little while, right? That doesn't have to mean that my precious sweet tea isn't going to be waiting for me on the other side of this challenge. Because it is. And, yeah... it sucks. Massively. But the big picture is that this is a little challenge. And it will pass quickly. I have the unique opportunity to make this short time count for something long lasting and it'd just be ridiculous to give that up for a glass of glorious, wonderful, sweet, sweet tea.

(And yeah, I think I just waxed poetic about sweet tea. Lack thereof makes a person do some crazy stuff, ya'll.)

I'm not going to record what I ate on Monday and Tuesday, because of the fact that, you know, the truth hurts a little bit. ;-) Technically, I haven't eaten all of Saturday's food, but I know what I'm going to eat, so I'm going to count it. Next week, my food journal will start from Sunday in order to maintain full disclosure.


My Soul Food Plan:
I certainly didn't decide to do an easy reading plan on top of everything else. With my bible reading, I'm looking at almost 2 hours of every day focused just on me... and God, of course. (Duh!) Food preparations don't count, because I'm cooking for everyone, not just me. It was definitely a big commitment, between homeschooling, housework, parenting, and tending my husband (who "chose" this week to have an infection that made him miserable- not fun!) but I've very much enjoyed knowing exactly what I was going to read (and when). There's a huge sense of satisfaction that really rivals that of completing my Fitness Plan... without the sore muscles and sweat!

     Monday: Genesis 1-20  
       Tuesday: Genesis 21-40

      Wednesday: Genesis 41-50, Exodus 1-10

        Thursday: Exodus 11-30

      Friday: Exodus 31-40, Leviticus 1-10

        Saturday: Leviticus 11-27, Hebrews 1-3

       Sunday: Hebrews 4-13, Numbers 1-10

 
My Overall Response to Week #1:
 
 

Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment